Sunday, February 14, 2016

Qatar- Far away from home...

I left Washington around 8pm and arrived in Qatar at a bright 3pm their time. I woke up to a intense brightness in the plane cabin. Luckily, I had slept on and off for about nine hours. The "bright light" was when we started flying over the Saudi Arabian desert. At first all I could see was sand. Literally, just sand. But as we flew onto the peninsula to Qatar the sand intersected with the sea. There seems to be very little buildings and most had a sandy color just like the grains of sand around them. 

The landing experience was the craziest of any in my life. We flew over Qatar strait into the sea and then took a 180 degree turn and started flying directly at the city but just above the water. When I say just above I really mean that. I was happy to see a few palm trees before we hit the landing strip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment